“Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama
Discern Internships is a leading host and manages internships for persons who are interested in gaining a work experience while immersing in a culture other than their own. We believe that a successful internship program is one that teaches and provides plenty of hands on experience within the field the intern is hired to work in. Over the years Discern Group has built its own networks of host companies and has contacts with private companies, the public sector and NGOs.
Learning Beyond the Classroom
When you learn by doing you retain the experience for a life time. At Discern STUDY our mission is to create transformative experiences that add value to the lives of the visitor.
The educational focus when creating study tours is key at Discern STUDY. We will work on the brief you provide us with and customise a tour around your particular interest and academic demands, and can easily accommodate a number of special requests. You will find our experience and networks beneficial as we can provide knowledgeable experts in any area of study.
Learning on the go includes but not limited to:
• A number of academic disciplines can be provided
• Site visits to specialists in a given area
• Field trips with local key experts in a given field
• Lectures on your specific theme by policy makers, authorities, and environmental NGOs
• Cultural experiences such as an excursion to a festa, tasting of the local cuisine, Grand Harbour tour in the traditional boats called dghajsa and more…
Field trips are focused on specific areas of the curriculum. They feature days with content that emphasises a specific educational theme and often includes local specialist guides that provide in-depth context on tour. A few examples of field trips are the following:
• Environmental Science and Sustainability
• Marine Biology and Sustainability
• Renewable and Sustainable Energy
• History and Culture
• Tourism and Hospitability
• Cultural Heritage Management
• Art, Archaeology and Architecture - Conservation and Preservation
• Immigration, Refugee and Asylum seekers issues
• Language Learning